Monday, August 15, 2005
An Awfully Quiet Day
This has been an awfully thinking day. I lost my voice so everything suddenly was so clear and i reflected on everything that was happening the past week.Council vs. Everything else in the world
I was talking to runyu today and she provided me with a lot of inside gossip. And i can't believe that i got asked the same question twice today. "So are you going to join council next year?" I pondered really long and i still don't know. I mean i know what i feel, i feel like joining, but the whirlwind of feelings that i felt during election period, really just puts me off. Plus the fact that if i ran for an exco position next year, i think i would be such a liability to the council. Nobody gives two hoots bout the ips. And since it is "vs. everything in the world", my mum has been giving shit to me about council. She is in between the worried and stand-off mode. And my cousins think that my portfolio would look really good with the word "COUNCIL" in it. My friends so far, have been my saving grace, i really think council is compromising my group work - SPIRE, CELLS and many other projects, i felt that i did not contribute that much as i would. OR make the decisions, I really have been the worker. And i was thinking since J1s put so much emphasis on PW, i should too considering the tons we have throughout the year is really equals to their whole PW project. And I think spire is quite close, after all they are expecting a 10,000- 15,000 word report. SO i just wanted to thank gladd and natt for putting up with me and being so understanding. Anyways, the saving grace for me in council would be ironically the people, thanks wei hao. HE is like the sweetest guy in the world. Weird again becasue they all don't read my blog.
Chinese vs. English
I was reading blogs the other day and it occured to me how average i was. I am average in chinese and english. I think for my english there is still hope to improve but chinese is an uphill task. So i will be regretfully putting more effort into english. Cheem words here i come.
IP vs. THE SYSTEM
I joined ip because i thought it would be a challenge - fun not so. BUt i guess it made it glaringly obvious that i am and always will be very average. I don't laugh that much anymore, i miss mr. yeo's lame jokes. And i miss the close knit community that we have or i once had. And the lessons are really boring in IP, ha, the teachers don't joke that much anymore, maybe because they all are so stressed out or that there is too much content to go crazy. And i am not keeping to my no sleeping during lesson rule and futhermore, i am absolutely tactless when it comes too that. The people there in IP, let say it is a word of difference, i always wanted the best and i thought my present class would be the defining united class, but still 2E6 rocks in our quiet, slacker way.
thought we all might need a grungy song
smells like teen spirit
Load up on guns
Bring your friends
It’s fun to lose
And to pretend
She’s overboard
Myself assured
I know I know
A dirty word
Hello (x 16)
With the lights out it’s less dangerous
Here we are now
Entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now
Entertain us
A mulatto
An albino
A mosquito
My libidoYea
I’m worse at what I do best
And for this gift I feel blessed
Our little group has always been
And always will until the end
Hello (x 16)
With the lights out it’s less dangerous
Here we are now
Entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now
Entertain us
A mulatto
An albino
A mosquito
My libido
Yea
And I forget
Just what it takes
And yet I guess it makes me smile
I found it hard
Its hard to find
Oh well, whatever, nevermind
Hello (x 16)
With the lights out it’s less dangerous
Here we are now
Entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now
Entertain us
A mulatto
An albino
A mosquito
My libido
Yea
Jo lynn at 6:27 PM