Tuesday, August 01, 2006
the pain of being adult
I guess the 2 weeks of oscars, job shadowing ppts, CAAL and now, a research attachment at NUS has drilled this question in me. What the hell do i want to be went i grow up? Or the question nearer to heart: Which university do i want to attend?It is kinda sick, but i think the teachers are doing a very good job, cause it really got us thinking. Everybody likes to think/fantasize about the future, but easy to say, harder to do. Well, we even got the subject combi down. Trying to persuade people not to take KI, but GP. Persuading people to take maths. Persuading people to go to Uni and not Poly. But well, if you really want to know: sam, tony, joel, kien and I are all taking PCME. I feel comforted, i really do. You could say that people who take PCME are taking the easy way out, i mean it is the most viable combi. I really admire the arts people or like people who really know what they want. I guess the weirder your subject combi the more i will admire you. But then again, if i took what i liked, i will be taking KI, Chem, Physics, Geog. and Lit. So you see it is all about the pain, how much it hurts right now and how much you think it will feel in 10 years time. I have a feeling PCME is the most practical choice.
University
Ok, i wanted to go to harvard u to do my graduate studies, be more exposed i guess. Anyways i kinda checked it out, if i wanted to do medicine in Dartmouth/Harvard/Yale/Columbia/John Hopkin's the chances are a MILLON to 1. Because they only accepted 8 international students per school. So yes, NUS beckons. I have my life sort of planned out, during the 9 months where everybody has breaks before uni starts, i will be going to china to go to beijing uni to be in the immersion prog. and at the same time work for my dad. So right now it is NUS, harvard, NYU, Trinty and Columbia. I will probably go NUS, as i said it is easy to say, harder to do!
Job
Ok so far:
Figther Pilot - with the air force
Surgeon
Business + admin
yes.......laugh all you want.
life is all about the cheap thrills man.
Jo lynn at 8:13 PM